Sunday, January 15, 2012

Book 12 of 2011/Book 1 of 2012 -- Ordered Liberty

I started this one last fall and have been working away at it for a few months.  The first half of the book (which went more quickly for me) is excerpts from Primary sources in the history of UCCan liturgy/worship.  The second half is excerpts from secondary sources in the same area.

I found this to be a very worthwhile book.  Maybe not a "must read" but very worthwhile.  The various sources give one a feel for how worship was being discussed over the years.  And the introductory blurbs Kervin puts before each one were quite helpful.  Then Kervin finishes with a concluding essay that I personally found would have been very worthwhile as a standalone piece.

I do recommend this book.  But I think a non-worship oriented book is called for next.

No comments:

Post a Comment