Friday, March 20, 2009

How Much?

Having listened to and read about AIG and Nortel over the last few days I have become aware that in some sectors of society it is totally normal to pay someone a bonus simply so that he or she does not go looking for a different (presumably better paying) job. Interestingly, such a bonus can be paid even if you were part of the team that ran the company to the brink of bankruptcy there fore requiring a government bailout.

So I guess the only question remaining is how much I should ask for as my retention bonus?????

;)

2 comments:

  1. With the problems they have had you would think they would be giving them an incentive to leave rather than stay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the finance committee would be collectively clutching its chest and gasping at the very thought of a retention bonus. On the other hand, if they want you to stay.... :)

    ReplyDelete