Friday, June 29, 2007

Gifts and Talents -- Friday 5

With gifts and talents in mind here is todays Friday 5;

1. Personality tests; love them or hate them? I find them fascinating. ANd consider that they should, by a large, be taken with a grain of salt--or in some cases a whole share's worth.
2. Would you describe yourself as practical, creative, intellectual or a mixture? Something of a mixture I suppose. DIfferent parts more evident at different times.
3. It is said that everyone has their 15 minutes of fame; have you had yours yet? If so what was it, if not dream away what would you like it to be? Well I suppose I might have, having been on stage a couple times and helping to televise results from last fall's municipal election...
4. If you were given a 2 year sabatical ( oh the dream of it) to create something would it be music, literature, art.....something completely different...share your dream with us... Literature, well something in writing anyway. MAybe something dramatic...
5. Describe a talent you would like to develop, but that seems completely beyond you. Drawing, visual art, something requiring fine motor control. Even I can barely read my writing, and drawing something recognizable, well that just doesn't happen.

Bonus question: Back to the church- what does every member ministry mean to you? Is it truly possible to encourage/ implement? I think it means people finding their own ministry within the community, finding what they have to offer and being empowered to offer it. I hunch that it is really hard to implement. Possible in theory but really really difficult in practice.

3 comments:

  1. ... helping to televise results of last year's municipal elections... sounds fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. grab your pencil buddy because I truly deeply believe everyone is an artist... that sounds sooo pie-in-the-sky crap... but I do believe we can "train" ourselves to do things - just like everything it takes discipline. Wow... I think I just got a sermon lead...

    ReplyDelete
  3. NOt as fascinating as it sounds Diane. SOrt of one of those things that happens in small towns--they'll take pretty much anybody.

    All it amounted to was some timewasting banter and reading of numbers.

    ReplyDelete