Friday, January 05, 2007

A Birthday-ish Friday Five

From RGBP:

1. "It's my party and I'll [blank] if I want to..."Favorite way to celebrate your birthday (dinner with family? party with friends? a day in solitude?) Quietly with family and friends I'd say. Although I went to the bar to flirt with the waitress on my 30th--that was less than productive...

2. "You say it's your birthday... it's my birthday too, yeah..." Do you share your birthday with someone famous? (Click here to find out!) A number of the famous and infamous. Kim Campbell (former Canadian Prime Minister--for about 30 seconds), Osama Bin Laden, Prince Edward, Carrie Underwood...

3. "Lordy Lordy look who's forty..."Milestone birthdays:
a) just like any other birthday--they're just numbers, people
b) a good opportunity to look back/take stock
c) enjoy the black balloons--I'll be hiding under a pile of coats until the day is over
d) some combination of the above, or something else entirely.

4. "Happy birthday, dear... Customer..."Have you ever been sung to in a restaurant? Fun or cringe-worthy? A couple times. Sort of fun. One time we were at a dinner theatre and during one of the intermissions we got called up on stage and everything--that was fun.

5. "Take my birthday--please"Tell me one advantage and one disadvantage about your particular birthday (e.g. birthday in the summer--never had to go to school; birthday near Christmas--the dreaded joint presents) This could also simply be something you like/dislike about your birthday (e.g. I like sharing a birthday with my best friend, etc.). With a March birthday the weather was never predictable. It meant that birthday parties when I was growing up could rarely be planned to be an outdoor event--it could be freezing and a foot of snow or warm and a foot of water/mud/slush. But that is hardly a real disadvantage. And I can't see any real advantage to where mine falls. Then again, birthdays can easily be made too big a deal once you are past about 12 (even milestones).

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7/1/07 12:58

    You are a WINNER - 2 months in a row for the Trivia Challenge and I think that is pretty cool!

    Let me know some subjects you would like to have in the challenge too!

    Now... come to my birthday party at my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7/1/07 16:13

    Whoop whoop!

    ReplyDelete