Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New YEar!!

AS one year folds into another may you and yours all be blessed in 2007.

Or if you prefer, HAppy Hogmanay--those sound like some good celebrations.

ANd don't forget to sing Auld Lang Syne! (there are "real" English words given at the link as well)

Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And auld lang syne!

Chorus: For auld lang syne, my jo,
For auld lang syne,
We'll tak a cup o' kindness yet
For auld lang syne.

And there's a hand, my trusty fiere,
And gie's a hand o' thine,
And we'll tak a right gude willie waught
For auld lang syne!
Chorus

4 comments:

  1. We had a guest preacher yesterday (he did a wonderful service!) and he provided the lyrics for a contemporary Auld Lang Syne...it was beautiful. I cannot remember the name of the writer of the new lyrics, but when I'm back at the church, I'll send them to you.

    Did you get an email from me via my email account?

    ReplyDelete
  2. that should read "gmail" account, not email...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The one about Richard's project? That is the last one I got. I have been in touch with Richard and have volunteered to take part. (Because we all need something els to do right? :) )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, that was the one. Yay!!! I was hoping you would be able to take on a writing project. I look forward to the weeks that you submit for the devotion project.

    ReplyDelete