Friday, October 27, 2006

Halloween Friday Five

You wanna see something *really* scary?...

1. Do you enjoy a good fright? Not particularly. SUspense good, startle, ok, horror no thanks.
2. Scariest movie you've ever seen Hmmmmm, never having really watched scary movies it is hard to say. Because I had grown up hearing aabout it even Psycho wasn't that scary--I knew what to expect. Many of the "horror" I have watched were just plain bad (the later Friday the 13th's for example).
3. Bobbing for apples: choose one and discuss:
a) Nothing scary about that! Good wholesome fun. Never saw the appeal of it myself. NOw apples (or even better, donuts) on a string, that is fun to watch and do.
b) Are you *kidding* me?!? The germs, the germs! Germs, shmerms. It is the drowning risk that bothered me.
4. Real-life phobia mild claustrophobia, fear of failure, looking like a fool on a time other than my own choosing.
5. Favorite "ghost story" Saw a movie by that name once that was quite good. And I heard a couple of really good ones at lunch yesterday about homes and offices (one was an old Anglican rectory that had been turned into office space--stuff jumping off mantles and out of toyboxes while staff were there alone). ANd while it is really an angel story, when my grandmother was having one of her hip surgeries she had a visitor to comfort her during the middle of the night. But as I say, that was an angel story--not a ghost story.

5 comments:

  1. Germs, teeth marks in the apples, drowning risk, soggy apples--ain't nothin' good about that game!

    Gonna have to try that donut thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gord I love your new look. How neat.

    Good play. We are going to do the hanging of doughnuts at our fall festival. It doesn't sound like much scares you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the string idea... so much warmer than water!!!

    well played

    ReplyDelete
  4. revabi,
    the things that scare me most are my own creation. One of the liabilities of a sometimes over active imagination. I may post about that in a bit...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donuts on a string--excellent. We actually played this at my workplace one year.

    ReplyDelete