Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Check, Check, Is this thing on?

Sometimes you wonder why we make announcements.

Multiple times over the last 3 months I have talked about the fact that General Council was meeting in Thunder Bay this summer. 2 days ago I talked about the fact that it was starting, named some of the issues that were being discussed, and shared this prayer.

Today I get asked by a regular attender (who was there on Sunday) "I heard on the news something about a bunch of United Church people meeting in Thunder Bay this week. What is that about?"

HEy Hey, anybody listening? Hey hey anybody there?

1 comment:

  1. LOL! How many times have I wondered the same thing. I've told people that I could project an announcement on the worship screen and then bring in the Rockettes to sing and dance and STILL have people say "I didn't know about X"!

    ReplyDelete