Friday, June 23, 2006

RGBP Friday 5

Summer is here with a vengeance. We took the family out to Baskin-Robbins to celebrate. I have a special affection for B-R because it was my first job during high school. People told me I'd get sick of ice cream working there. Puh-leeze. Without further ado:

  1. Ice cream: for warm weather only or a year-round food? WHy would you limit it to 3 months of the year? All year of course.
  2. Favorite flavor(s) THey make flavours that don't have chocolate in them? (but no nuts please)
  3. Cake cone, sugar cone, waffle cone, cup? Cup or sugar Cone
  4. Childhood ice-cream memory Hmmm, Dairy Queen. Going for treats from a Dilly Bar on up.
  5. Banana splits: discuss. A waste of good ice-cream, polluting it with Bananas. Replace them with extra whiped cream and you're talking.

Bonus: Baskin-Robbins used to make ice-cream sodas. During the 18 months I worked there, I think I made about 3 tops. They're no longer on the menu, but you can still order them. Question: What are the ingredients/steps for making an ice cream soda? Soda water, ice cream, milk and flavouring (which is best when chocolate). THe how to make I am not sure anymore. DQ used to have them as well, and I made them at home in a blender for one summer.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, I forgot about Dairy Queen. A delectable experience all its own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm. . .Dilly Bars. . . (reading this meme in various locations is definitely making me channel Homer. . .)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still like Dairy Queen. Peanut Buster Parfaits--mmmm.

    And you're right about banana splits. Replace them with just about anything (except pineapple).

    ReplyDelete