Saturday, April 15, 2006

A Productive Day?

I generally don't write sermons. I think them through, do some reading during the week and take time on Saturday to plan out where I will go.

TOday I :
  • finished digging last fall's leaves into the garden
  • finished watering in trees for the sap to start running
  • lost an hour at lunch time (seems I slept)
  • took a nice long walk with the dog
  • washed outside windows and all the screens (that Windex stuff you attach to the hose makes the job nice and fast)
  • planted some perennial roots
  • pruned some shrubs at the house and the church

All in all a fairly productive day. And I got sermon planned out while doing that and while soaking my aching back in the tub. Only one problem...it may actually be a Holy Saturday sermon instead of Easter Sunday. It may end up being more about living in the in-between time rather than being resurrection people, about the struggle to find the new life that lies beyond the fear. I think it is an important message, but...

Time will tell I guess.

2 comments:

  1. If you're not busy next Saturday, my yard could use some work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THanks for the offer Sue. And I will be the city (HArder Event on Friday, we will come back here Sat noon-ish). But I think I will pass.

    ReplyDelete