Monday, March 06, 2006

Cross meme

Hat tip to St. Casserole

  • Do you wear a cross? Always (except those days I forget to grab it off the bedside table).
  • Is there a particular time or place that you consider wearing a cross? See above. I also wear a second one when leading worship. I put one on when I get dressed each day.
  • Where do you wear it? I wear a cross on a necklace under my shirt.
  • What does the cross look like? My all-the-time cross is wooden, dark wood with a light coloured indentation in it. It is showing wear as the varnish on it is chipping along the edges. My other cross is a Pewter Celtic cross that I wear over my alb.
  • Who gave the cross to you or did you choose it? I bought the wooden one at a book display somewhere. The pewter cross I bought on my trip to England/Ireland/Scotland 10 years ago.
  • Is this your favorite cross, if so, why? The pewter is probably my favourite, mainly because I really like Celtic crosses.
  • What does wearing a cross mean to you? I wear a cross to remind me of God's presence and love, and in fact I feel uncomfortable without it next to my skin. Although, to be hnonest, I partly wear it out of habit as well by now -- I have been doing so for 12 or 13 years.

Bonus Info: The girls, especially Sarah, are utterly fascinated by my cross. She will take it of the bedside table and wear it, or will sit on my lap and pull it out from under my shirt to look at it (and sometimes shove it into my mouth -- hey she is only almost 3)

No comments:

Post a Comment