Friday, February 17, 2006

An Olympian Friday Five

  1. Which of the Winter Olympic sports is your favorite to watch? Curling, luge, quite enjoyed snowboard cross yesterday. Oh and short-track speed skating, especially the relays (not a big fan of longtrack though)
  2. Do you speak Snowboardese? How would I know if I did?? Languages have never been my strongpoint--some days I struggle with basic Canadian English.
  3. Define Nordic Combined. Don't look it up. Take a guess if you must. NOrdic skiing is what we commonly call cross-country. Then you add in ski jumping (utter insanity, along the same lines as jumping our of airplanes in my opinion). For combined sports I prefer Biathlon
  4. Curling. Please discuss. What's to discuss? A purely enjoyable sport to play or to watch. Decievingly complex, simple to get the basics of throwing and sweeping but complex in a knowledge of what angles will work and readin how the ice will "run". And what can you say about a sport which allows you to work for a minute rest for a minute throughout the game.
  5. If you could be a Winter Olympics Champion just by wishing for it, which sport would you choose for winning your Gold Medal? Ummmmmmmmmmm, I guess it would be either curling or skeleton. The one for the strategy and logic, the other for the sheer guts (and insanity) to throw oneself down an icy track on that tiny little sled -- headfirst.

2 comments:

  1. I took the quiz below, and I am also curling. I can just imagine myself flat on the ice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gord,

    Ha! I picked skeleton too! We must be secret head bangers!

    LOL.

    my answers are in the comments at Revgals.

    ReplyDelete