Friday, December 23, 2005

The RGBP Friday 5

  1. If you had to choose CDs as a soundtrack for the Christmas season, what would they be? SElections from Messiah, Linnea Good's Sometimes CHristmas, Kings College Choir. And probably others. Oh and you have to include Bing singing White Christmas.
  2. How do you feel about singing all the verses of "The First Noel?" (Six in our hymnal, but apparently there are nine.) I am not crazy about singing any of the verses. THe chorus always strike me as being terribly whiny. (Voices United has 6 verses, places it in the Epiphany section, and spells it Nowell--if anyone is interested)
  3. "O, Come All Ye Faithful" has a lot of verses, too. Which is your favorite? First I have to note that our older hymn book had the Latin words, now we don't. I always liked to sing the Latin words (partly because it really annoyed my sister). I think the one we have as verse 3 "Sing choirs of angels..."
  4. What music do you play while opening presents? Pretty much varies. LAst year we tuned the TV to "LOG: A Christmas Special"* and listened to what they were playing. Other than that we put in whatever CD strikes my fancy at the time.
  5. Which carols do you consider to be Christmas Eve essentials? O Come all Ye Faithful, at least one of the angel carols (Hark the Herald or Angels we Have HEard), O Little Town of Bethlehem, Joy to The World, Silent Night.
  6. and a Bonus Question: What, if any, is your favorite secular Christmas song? NOt sure actually, depends on my mood. But "Old Toy Trains" has always had a place in my heart.

*this is taped footage of a burning fireplace.

1 comment: