Wednesday, October 19, 2005

BLessings, Many Many Blessings

This morning I am standing in the church kitchen putting top crusts on pies when suddenly I hear "Dadyy, daddy daddy daddy!"

Sarah has just gotten down the stairs and comes running into the kitchen, around all the obstacles, to see me; big grin on her face. Very happy to see daddy (although she also LOVES going over to the church at any time).

And here is the real kicker. THis is a regular happening. I come home and get ecstatic greetings from both daughters and the dog. Am I lucky? NO, way more than lucky. I am blessed. Thanks be to GOd.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, yes. I love it when I pick up the girls from daycare and they drop whatever play they're involved in and come running toward me: "Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" As if I were the most exciting and incredible person in the entire world. Then they repeat the process when Dad comes home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, those homecomings are the BEST!

    ReplyDelete