Wednesday, July 13, 2005

What choice to make?

On his blog Will Willimon has a great reflection on Victor Frankl's expriences in a Nazi concentration camp in view of Deuteronomy 30:19-20 (which tells the people that they have to choose between life and death.

I have always liked that passage from Deuteronomy. It just seems so real. I am tempted to direct many people around town to read that entry. Will Atikokan choose to fight and live or will Atikokan just sit down, give up and die? Two weeks ago I wasn't really sure. In fact I was hearing words that sounded a lot like the latter. But change is in the air. I sense that more people are ready to choose life, and fight for it. (Mind you I still wait for the realization that fighting for the town and fighting against the closure of AGS are related but not the same.)

God gives us the power to choose. What choice will we make?

No comments:

Post a Comment